A Letter to My
As the manager at Shaw & Sons, I feel fortunate to spend my days and my energy in the heart of downtown Yakima. Established in 1898, Shaw & Sons is located in the Yakima Valley, surrounded by friendly people, bountiful agriculture, terrific weather and the beauty of nearby mountains. Because this is our home, each of our staff members wants to see this area continue to grow and prosper for our children, grandchildren and beyond. Since my great grandfather arrived here in 1904, my family – now 6 generations in all - has loved living and working in the Yakima Valley.
This community has a big heart and we help our neighbors. In the spirit of giving back, the staff at Shaw & Sons spends countless hours engaged and involved in our neighborhoods. As a group, we host several events each year:
- Annual Holiday Service of Remembrance "Hope Illuminates"
- Grief Support Series: 12-week series working through grief
- Pet Memorial Workshop "Pet Legacies"
- "Passing Hats" - Weekly gathering, creating beautiful knitted hats for cancer patients
- "Driving Down Memory Lane" Charity Car Show
We hope you will join with us on one of these occasions. Together we can strengthen our sense of community. Helping others is the foundation of who we are at Shaw & Sons. Today, the families we serve very often tell us that it is the genuine care shown by our staff that makes the difference.